Wednesday 6 April 2011

Improving Your Golf by Tracking Your Results


Better results through focused practice sessions

The development of certain parts of your golf takes a lot of time and effort. The practice can be much more productive and useful if you can somehow narrow the focus on those elements that need the most work. The easiest way to do this is to watch your golf scores and focus on her training to improve those results. The focus will eventually result in improved scores.

to follow the trail Play: Simple way to improve

.

One of the easiest and most useful ways to improve your golf is to watch your game and document their results in trends. Monitoring of the game is actually much simpler than it sounds, it just takes a little more effort than keeping score. benefits arising from taking the time to document the results will probably surprise you.

Monitoring the Game: What to monitor and how to do it

.

A few years ago I developed a standard for spreadsheets, which results in a single master list that tells the "tail bands. Looking at the master list provides a brief overview of how my game shape for any of the categories, and lets me know what to do. You can track the results of several different ways. The easiest way I found to do this directly on the scorecard, or on a separate scorecard from the one used to record results. Rather scorecard because it has a slope and course ratings. When I hit the ball off the first tee, I love the record club I hit, the distance the ball carried (carrying and running), if I hit the fairway or not the yardage I left the green.

For my approach shots to keep track of yardage left to pin, club hit, and if I hit the green in regulation (GIR). To put the monitor away from my putts and putts as I have the green. I also monitor the average distance and average number of putts on the GIR. For chipping, pitching and bunkers, I keep track of yardage, club used and whether I got the ball up and down or not. To count as a putt, the ball must be on the green. I add any comments on the card you need to and I usually characterized by a shot with letter grades. For example, if I hit a drive off a thin branch, but ends up in the fairway, I'll add 1 to hit the fairway with the entry of TD (thin disk ).

on the scorecard in the field below where my score will be entered standing 1TD. If I have 134 left on the pin, which means that I hit my drive about 260, I hit my pitching wedge, and then update the card with the results. Let's say I hit the ball on the green to 22 feet. My second entry on the card will GPW 134 (a good pitching wedge). I also update my 1TD the 260th I've hit GIR so I have a 1 in this block. I putt out and I post score of 4 with 2 or 42 putts 22 / 3 which means that I had 22 feet on my first putt to 3 feet for my second. It is as simple as that.

Other options for monitoring and keeping a permanent record.

I have often delayed follow-up after the round, and then entered the data directly to a table on the computer. I do not recommend any use of this methodology, unless something happens Scorecard (eg loss, rain, etc.). It is too easy to forget what you have to guess or yardages, particularly in discs from a distance is often not directly associated with yardages listed in Scorecard. I played with someone who at one time used to record the voice track your results and it was not for me. Every minute audio equivalent of the time required for the document. By the time my speech recognition software on my computer gets better, I will not use audio. Entering into a spreadsheet is relatively simple and at the end of the day you have an image or a statistical representation of your golf. simple assessment of results is key to improving your golf.

The monitoring of the practice tee.

When you follow a few laps you start to see patterns emerge that indicate areas should work in your game. I like to keep track of whether my approach shots were short or long compared to the pin, and the dispersion of the left or right. Such measures can tell you that you routinely underclub, for example, which is a problem for most golfers. Together with the approach of yardage, the club is used, you have a convenient way to check the distance you hit your clubs. Often, the results show that do not hit your clubs away and think that knowledge can really help you improve your scoring. Also, if you find that you only hit about 50% GIR still averaged almost 36 putts round, you have a good indication that the necessary support and your approach shots and your short game.

All things being equal, the golfer hitting just nine GIR would have to average less than 32 putts for the round set up any decent result. I also like to keep track of my putts to get access to the cup or not, as the adage "never up, never" is true, but so is the problem with a 3 putt greens. Problems with putting up easily identified by monitoring the methodology described above. When you get numbers for their approach, especially since the 100 meters or less, you will have a good indication that the health of your short game. Not everyone can hit the ball 300 yards, but the average golfer can certainly improve their ability to get the ball closer to the hole from inside 100 yards. Finally, monitoring will give you instant feedback on your bunker play and how much you are successful in getting the ball up and down. I keep track of eagles, birdies, pars, Bogeys and others as well. There are other things that you can follow to fine tune your practice, but the basic elements described covering the main categories of items that are worthwhile to follow without becoming a nuisance.

Summary.

for the monitoring to be playing throughout is easy to do and can provide indicators of the elements of your game you need to practice. Data transfer simple spreadsheet can help you organize and track your results over time and make sure that the practice of translation in order to better results. Finally, monitoring results will help draw distance you hit your clubs and give clues about the health of your short game. ; Email me if you want to track a sample spreadsheet or

.

Good Golfing! Mark Choiniere

No comments:

Post a Comment